Many users may face firmware file corrupt iPhone when trying to update their iPhone to iOS 16 recently. Are you one of them or have you found a way to fix it? Read this guide to learn how to fix the “iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” issue. Whenever Apple launches a new iOS update, millions of users worldwide immediately try to connect to its servers for the Update. It naturally builds up huge traffic on Apple’s site, often preventing your device from connecting with the server. Thus, giving the ‘iPhone software update failed error.
- There would be a serial number written besides that (for instance, error 21).
- When restoring or updating iPhone/iPad with iTunes, you may get the error of “the firmware file is not compatible”.
- Product updated successfully, but an error occurred restoring the previous settings.
- Sometimes, the white screen issue on your iPad could be due to the screen magnification settings.
- Once you find that the iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt issue, you should take right actions to fix it done in time.
- Today in this post on MiniTool, we will focus on dealing with one of the typical problems – iPhone X/8/7/6 hanging and restarting.
Try restarting your system and check if the black screen appears. Once the power cycling of Mac is done, check if the MacBook black screen of death issue persists. Moreover, this comprehensive DIY guide to fixing the Mac black screen of death will also help you recover any data lost due to the BSoD. When you received an error message that tells “Word experienced an error trying to open the file…”, the .docx Word file is not corrupted. It could be locked in a read-only state. Navigate to find the corrupted DOCX word file and select it. Then click “Open” and select “Browse” to open the corrupted .docx file.
For whatever reason this does not help, move on to section 2. If a simple restart of your computer and iTunes/Finder did not work and you don’t understand why, it may be an issue of iTunes https://chiasecungco.com/unlock-the-potential-of-your-samsung-galaxy-s7/ being out of date. What does “incompatible firmware file” mean? It usually means your computer can’t recognize the IPSW files. And it is probably because of invalid or firmware files, outdated iTunes versions, and so on. In every problem, one of the easiest things to solve a problem is to restart your device.
- This may seem very frustrating because you may not know what is going on and you most likely don’t know what to do to fix it.
- The company gives a lot for customer …
- Please whitelist stellarinfo.com and request to send the link again.
Apple provides a few troubleshooting tools to help you resolve performance problems that occur with your iPhone. For example, you can clear all settings if you want to reset the device or clear all software and settings to resolve issues with conflicting apps. If the problems with your iPhone persist, you may need to restore your iPhone to its original factory condition. The restore process erases all your data and settings and installs a new version of the iOS through iTunes while the device is connected to your computer.